Friday, August 28, 2015

Captain Kidd's Fish Market and Restaurant - Redondo Beach



Speaking of seafood shacks, here's one I need to stop visiting. Captain Kidd made one heck of a first impression with their dungeness crab, but I've liked it less every time since.


The Crab Cakes are actually pretty awful. Once you get past the grease, which soaked through no less than 6 napkins, you find sprinklings of shredded crab interspersed with chunks of white rubber. Whether that's supposed to be pulverized crab or a fishy filler is beyond me; it tastes like a tire.



The Lobster Roll was fine, but the lobster had minimal flavor that culminated in a big whatever. For a seafood shack with amazingly fresh crab, they were pretty selfish with the shellfish.


I think my greatest disappointment lies in knowing just how much better Captain Kidd's could do. Their fresh seafood had me initially impressed, but they clearly cut corners on everything that didn't come with the shell, and I just don't know where on the road to quality they decided to stop.
Click to add a blog post for Captain Kidd's on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment