Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thai Basil - Thornton, CO


Thai Basil was a let’s-find-something-edible-before-we-go-climbing-because-we-need-to-eat-first-so-we-don’t-pass-out kind of lunch. And what better place to have that generic lunch than at the most generically-named Thai restaurant?


The name was generic, but the experience was anything but. For starters, lunch was only $7.95. You can’t even buy a couple non-McDonald’s milkshakes for that little. Sure, it’s a smaller portion than dinner, but it was just enough to fill me up but not so much that I can’t deny stuffing myself next time I’m stupid enough to stand on a scale. My Pineapple Curry was a sweet, thick penang with colorful crisp peppers and fresh-cooked basil. At the end of the day it’s just a good, solid curry at a place that serves good, solid Thai, but it’s hard to argue with food this good at a price this cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment