Saturday, December 14, 2013

Porky’s BBQ – San Pedro



I love SoCal but I'd be lying if I said I never got homesick. And if you read my last post, you would know just how much I lied. And if it's homesickness that’s getting this southern girl down in the dumps, Porky’s is a good place to start looking for a cure.



Tri Tip
is almost an adequate substitute for a good smoked southern pork butt, and these rosemary-rubbed tips of tenderness would have done nicely if not for the butt-load of salt and pepper. There's almost no such thing as too much rosemary on meat, but I swear there wasn’t enough water in the world for this much salt.




The Smoked Brisket is so tender and soft you could eat it with a spoon, but the saltshaker strikes again. Different cut, same problem.


Porky’s clearly cooks meat perfectly, and I doubt there are any cuts they can’t handle. But sometimes even the most important of spices can make even the best steak go south. Porky’s clearly has potential, so I can only hope they realize that. Good meat doesn’t need spices to compensate, and when it comes to compensation, the meat at Porky’s needs none so hopefully they’ll stop slathering on so much salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment