Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Neomonde Bakery and Deli - Morrisville, NC


The food at Neomonde is hardly the brave new world its name might suggest, but after a couple hours of hard core climbing all you want is old world wholesome.



My Beef Kabob Platter was just that. Simple, juicy chunks of well-seasoned beef, a soft pumpkin salad on the side, and a crisp kale and apple salad with minimal dressing, just the way I like it. Sure, salads sound way less impressive, but I was pretty impressed by the freshness of the food considering we showed up 30 minutes before closing. Even if they told me my food had been sitting out of day, I wouldn't have believed it.


The kabob and sides are a healthy ending to a healthy workout, but the Pistachio Baklava is the ultimate negation. With all those irresistibly fluffy pastry layers doused with honey and loaded with nuts, negativity has never tasted so sweet.

Speaking of things that are sweet, this week's theme seems to be saying goodbye to some of the sweeter things in life, and Raleigh might be one of them. They say there's no place like home, but I've always felt like Raleigh was the Neomonde of my life - a place I can rest when I'm tired of climbing the giant rock wall of life. Not a permanent place, but not one I can easily forget. And it'll be a long time before I can return to rest, but don't worry Neomonde, goodbye doesn't always mean forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment