Sunday, October 6, 2013

Whining at Bouquet Restaurant at Ponte Winery Inn – Temecula


I spent a day with three married couples. At a vineyard in Temecula. Because for some reason I thought that this wouldn’t be awkward. After all, sometimes you need a 7th wheel. Like on a tractor trailer. Which is a very awkward vehicle, btw. But my bff was among them, and I figured, single or not, I wasn’t all that different. They’re cute together, and I’m just plain cute. Cupid helped them find each other, and I found okcupid…dot com. One of the couples has a cat for company, and I’m looking at a lifetime of cats for company. Same same, but different.





If I’m 7th wheeling with 3 kissing couples, there better be something to amuse my mouth as well. I spent all my time lip-locking with my Melon + Prosciutto. The melon is ripe, the prosciutto is perfect, and the sweet and savory combination will trump any sloppy kiss. And the bites of burrata on bread are the perfect union of mozzarella-married-mascarpone.

My plate of prosciutto was much more positive than my attitude that day, but the Short Rib Sandwich fell almost as short as my expectations as some of the conversation. The short rib was full of lip-smacking flavor, but it was on the drier side when topped with thick ciabatta and fried onions.  And the not-so-sharp cheddar on top didn’t help. It was bland, but not nearly as bland as a married woman who stays at home all day and has nothing to say. I only had one bite of that sandwich, but I was stuck with her all day.


I complain about company I was keeping, but I had no complaints about Bouquet. My friends have their husbands to give them flowers, but I had my own Bouquet in the form fine fare. My friends had their handsome husbands to look at, I had my view of vineyards as far as the eye could see. Their hands travelled up a leg, my eyes travelled up a vine. 7
th wheel or not, at least we all enjoyed the view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment