Monday, October 21, 2013

Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi – Gardena


I’m so tired of hearing my friends nitpick their food. This is over-done, that doesn’t work, too much of this, not enough of that. Yeah yeah yeah. Yada yada yada. Oh wait…I am that friend.

So ummm…if I happen to be YOUR friend, I just found the perfect place for us to eat. Because when you’re having Hakata Ramen, only you control your fate. Only one simple half-sheet order slip stands between you and your perfect bowl of noodle-y broth. And believe me, you want this broth.


Mark your other choices carefully. Your fickle mind is only as good as your eraser. Get your noodles normal if you’re normal, soft if you’re too lazy to chew, and extra firm if it’s raw-men you’re after. Check the box for extra pork – a few extra slices of no-chew chashu will make a great bowl even better. I went with a normal amount of soup oil, but get some extra if you’re groveling for grease. Supertasters will weaken the soup base while those who like it stronger can sip themselves to hypertension.

I got a bowl of moderation this time, but I do wonder if I’d enjoy a few extra chews of a firmer noodle or an extra glass of water with a stronger soup. Needless to say, I’ll be back for a few variations, and hopefully you’ll try them too. But no matter what you order, just remember that you asked for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment