Friday, October 18, 2013

Sticking to Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – San Diego


Sticks and stones may break my bones, but after some Stone beer I’ll never feel the pain.


It’s widely known that alcohol is an analgesic, but I think a good beer is even better than that. A strong shot of whiskey may help you through a no-novacaine dentist and a couple of morphine can make you care less, but a good tasting flight will actually make you happy.
Throw back some Maui Coconut (far left) and you’ll feel like you’re watching football from your living room couch…in Hawaii. No one likes an Arrogant Bastard (2nd from the left) unless it’s 7.2% alcohol and 100% awesome, and the only thing better than an Arrogant Bastard is an Arrogant Bastard that's been Oaked (3rd from the left). The Lightning Thunderweizen sounds like it would really stir things up, but I think it needs to eat its Wheaties.






It’s a long drive down to San Diego from Torrance, and the traffic was leaving my back in knots. But a twist of doughy Soft Pretzel is a pretty straight-forward way to make me feel better. Different people have different ideas of what makes them feel better, but pretty much anyone can find happiness in a few chewy-soft swipes of the best jalapeno queso ever.



Whether you’ve had enough beer to be hungry or too much beer to be stuffed, a square of the Chilaquiles Eggs Benedict will leave you feeling anything but square. These poached-egg tortilla strips stuffed with salsa verde would have been a little less bland if the side of chorizo hash had been inside instead of on the side.

YOU may not be happy day-drinking on your day off, but I can’t think of a better way to spend my Saturday. Then again, I spent my last Saturday off taking an 8-hour exam so the bar is set pretty low, but either way Stone would at least kill the pain. Perhaps I would have done better on that exam if I had shown up Stoned…

No comments:

Post a Comment