Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kula Revolving Sushi Bar – Torrance

When cartoon characters get knocked out, a little halo of stars always dances around their head. And when they're chasing something, whatever they were trying to eat flies around their head. Looney Tunes’ Sylvester the puddy tat, always has little Tweetys to taunt him, and sometimes Wile E. Coyote sees Roadrunners too.


No one from Looney Tunes has ever flown around my head, but when I slipped in the shower last week, I swear what I saw looked a lot like Kula. Sushi is always what I want and at Kula, it flies around on a conveyer belt.


I'm pretty skeptical about food that comes off a conveyer belt, but Kula had me pretty impressed. At only $2 per plate you can try an endless variety, and while you can eat your fill of stock Salmon and typical Tuna, there are plenty of adventurous things to grab as well. Red Snapper and Yellowtail are not much more adventurous but are equally fresh, The Seared Scallop was sweetened by a swipe of mayo, and the Raw Scallop was just as good. Seared Salmon had a nice char to it, and it's also a good idea to chew on some Conch.


My fall in the shower looked a lot like something only a cartoon character could do. But I’m so much smarter than they are. When hit, they never turn the other cheek. I on the other hand, turned to the Salmon Cheek, a couple of crispy, crunchy, too-deeply fried strips of the fattiest salmon you can get. If that doesn’t take away the pain, I don’t know what will.


We skipped most of the rolls as I had already spent plenty of time rolling around in pain, but I still couldn't resist the Real Crab California hand roll, which I grabbed almost as hard as the knee I landed on when I fell. And though it wasn't quite the same level of amazing as some other ones I’ve had, let's just say I’m a lot less picky when it’s a two-dollar roll.

So much sushi was flying around my head, and I couldn't believe I could just reach up and grab a handful of whatever looked good. It was almost worth the epic shower slip to have sushi as the aftermath. I can’t exactly expect the world to revolve around me and my falls, but the sushi at Kula sure seems to. I guess I know where to go next time I fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment