Saturday, January 25, 2014

Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream and Yogurt – Redondo Beach



When it comes to ice cream, the more homemade, the better. I’ll take a thick, less-smooth slow-churn with none of that supermarket sugar. All the store-bought stuff in the world couldn’t steer me away from a good homemade vanilla.


I love homemade ice cream, but I just can’t handle the stuff they serve at Handel’s. I usually love weird or different flavors, and while the Graham Central Station, a less chocolatey take on s’mores, is hardly an adventure, its texture was more than slightly strange. The texture is something I can only describe as “finely coarse” and feels like small grains of grit on your gums. I originally attributed this to the graham cracker content in this finely-crumbed concoction, but indecisive eater than I am, I tried at least five other flavors and they’re all like that. After just a couple bites, I definitely didn’t want s’more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment