Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sweet Rose Creamery – Los Angeles


They say this is where the stars come out to play. I think they meant Brentwood Country Mart when they said that because everyone knows that stars don’t eat ice cream. The tabloids are full of Kate Moss’s 1200-calorie diets and Paris Hilton’s skinny-fat status, and honestly, do you really think that people who lose all their baby weight within a week did it by crunching on a cone?


Fortunately for me, I’m more infamous than famous, more small-time than big, and more camera-shy than chic. So I can have my ice cream and eat it too. And believe me, I did. First I tried the Fig Bay Leaf and something with ginger and a crunch just to say I explored the exotics, but there was no way I was passing up a Salted Caramel Waffle Cone. The ice cream was salted just right, and the caramel component was sweet but not too sugary. As if it wasn’t already perfect, topping it with a sprinkle of sea salt drove me over the edge.

Sadly I didn’t see any celebs that night, but a cone this good put the stars in my eyes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment