Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lemonade – Santa Monica


The abundance of outdoor dining is one of my favorite things about California, but I have no desire to surf a Venice heat wave for lunch. The good news is, the arctic blast from Lemonade’s abundant AC will knock you over faster than a pipe wave, and if that isn’t enough, there’s nothing cooler than a hot-off-the-press Caprese Sandwich. The mixed green side salad would have been more refreshing with less dressing, but sandwich is a health-conscious beach bum’s dream. The fresh mozzarella would give even Italians a run for their money, and toasted foccacia with interleaving basil makes this the coolest combo on the beach.


Sure, Lemonade is a chain, but I’m not saying it’s the best option on the beach. What I am saying is that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade or let Lemonade make one for you. My mix of half blood orange, half old fashioned lemonade was a little too sweet for me, but give Abbot Kinney’s Lemonade a chance because nothing is half as sweet as life on Venice Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment