Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hudson House – Redondo Beach


I love pretzels and I love burgers so when you put the two together, there’s no way the Hudson Burger could go wrong…Right? Wrong. Don’t get me wrong, Hudson House makes a good burger. The patty is juicy, the cheese is melty, the onion is grilled sweet, and the bacon is a chunky chew. The bun is slick and firm on the outside with a chewy inside that you need to tear with your teeth. Unfortunately, while you do get all the awesome elements of a soft pretzel minus the salt, that slick bun has a slightly bitter-bread aftertaste that overpowers the more subtle savor of the burger. I loved the bun, and I loved the filling, but I didn’t love them together. Two wrongs don’t make a right and it turns out two rights don’t always make a right either.


I loved all the components of the burger but I didn’t love them together. But I did love all the components of Hudson House and I definitely loved them together. The mixed drinks are fun, the ambiance is chatty but calm and content, and I would definitely find myself coming here to unwind after work more often…if I didn’t always have to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment