Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Korean Barbecue – Jinzhou


Sadly, the best Korean barbecue I’ve ever had is in China. That’s probably because I’ve never been to Korea, but good is good, no spits, pits, or wits about it. Yes, I just made that up. And I am appropriately embarrassed.


In Chinatown, they won’t bother firing up a grill unless your order is worth a certain amount so I’ve only cooked my food once, and it was somewhat less impressive than this Jinzhou establishment. The regular Beef sizzles evenly, simmering all the way through.


The fatty Marinated Beef curl into shimmering strips, spotted with chili dots of promised pain.


A side order of Kimchee is best when wrapped around pieces of beef…


And wash it all down with toasted rice Tea if you can’t take the heat.


Barbecue Eel belongs more with the impressive sushi list, but a little fusion is always welcome at my table.


A Chinese meal is never complete without a staple dish composed of something containing flour or noodles. The Cold Noodles here are exceptionally sweet with a bit of savory, taking care of dessert in sweet satisfying strands.

No comments:

Post a Comment