Sunday, June 25, 2023

Mortensen's Danish Bakery UPDATE - Solvang, CA

They've cleaned up since I last saw them, and their abundance of pride and BLM stickers in the doorway caused some fondness before I even entered. 


The pastries are rich, and beware - some things are super sweet. The Danish Waffle is like a giant, crunch cookie sandwich full of very sweet cream. 


My kid got a chocolate covered cookie sandwich filled with chocolate buttercream. Don't worry, we didn't let her eat it all. 


My favorite is the Raspberry Danish because it's Danish. It's a chewy pastry with a great texture, and it's significantly more balanced in sweetness. 

A much better experience this time around, a better bakery overall, I think. I don't know enough about pastry to truly compare it with the rest, but I would definitely make more "educational" visits here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment