Sunday, April 5, 2020

Shrimp By You - Torrance


Maternity leave and social distancing have put a damper on my food adventures to say the least. Ordering in is limited to places close enough to deliver, and photos will be of to-go boxes and cartons unceremoniously dumped onto my kitchen’s plates for a while. 


Photographer I am not, but believe me, this Clam Chowder looks much better than the grayish hue my soup cup would suggest. The consistency is on the thinner side so you’re not assaulted by cloying  cream, and there is a fair amount of clams in fresh-tasting micro-chunks



Yelp thinks they do a decent seafood boil, and I don’t disagree. The whole shrimp are probably better, but the Peeled Shrimp are a lot less work. The shrimp are decent quality, like the kind you’d get in a supermarket cocktail. The Cajun sauce is a little bit watery and I wish it would have soaked into the shrimp more, but the spices are nice enough.


The Mussels do taste fresh and tender, and the simple black pepper sauce works just fine.

A pretty good seafood boil to go, though I imagine it would taste even better in house. Good quality, satisfying enough. If you’re craving seafood with a hint of Cajun, Shrimp By You is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment