Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Sari Sari Store - Los Angeles


“Guess what I ate?” has become “Guess what? I ate!” Food was always a passion in life, and I always believed that life was too short to not eat well. 

Well that passion is gone and I’m left with an appetite that accommodates nothing, and I force feed myself crackers to stay alive. 


This is the first protein I’ve had for days. This bowl of Sisig Fried Rice has bits of fatty pork head are a liquid melt, and the crispies add some texture. The peppers add a little pep, and they incorporate the onion to for a sharper contrast. The gooey fried egg glues it all together, and considering I can barely smell meat without gagging these days so you can bet when I’ve eaten at least 12 bites, Sari Sari must have done something right. 


I almost finished the Halo Halo, and that's another minor miracle in itself. It’s icy and light with layers of watermelon slush, textured tapioca, and a leche flan that has cream for days.

I'm far less familiar with Filipino food, and it's a genre I want to get to know. It's a rarer find, but GCM can always be counted upon. I have little basis for comparison, but I can objectively say Sari Sari is delicious
Sari Sari Store Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment