Tuesday, January 15, 2019

BurgerIM - Torrance


A burger chain of international acclaim...that I know nothing about. Well that's not new. I learned about In n' Out two weeks before uprooting my northeastern life for the west coast, and I had Five Guys for the first time last year. My knowledge of well-known burger chains
is embarrassing at best.




I'm glad I got to know BurgerIM, though. The service is sweet, and the 
burgers are endless combinations of fun. A Duo of dry-aged beef and lamb check all the boxes, one American and one caliente, which costs a little extra. I prefer my burgers cooked a little less, but that’s personal preference and probably neither advisable nor safe. They do a decent job anyway as the dry-aged beef drips juice, and the lamb has a gamey hint that is pleasing. The caliente condiments are not so subtle, but the pepper and spicy mayo are hot enough to help but not too hot to handle.

Size kind of matters, and I’m not sure how to describe the sizing at BurgerIM. A happy, middling medium between a bar slider and a smaller burger, these are neither/nor. The duo is plenty for a regular lunch, but you might consider the trio if you can afford the food coma to come.




The Half & Half side is an enabler of the indecisive, a way to try a 
couple things without having to commit. We split the difference with onion rings and sweet potato fries, though the potato disc-fries are just as good.

I like BurgerIM. It quick and easy, quality you can afford. Lots of different patties to try, all halal and plenty of options for all dietary restrictions. I’m all for fast-casual, and for a decent lunch, BurgerIM will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment