Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Nouilles of 3rds - Lomita


Cambodian comfort north of Long Beach and it awaits at Nouilles of 3rds. The location is authentic enough, so the food must be close. Good luck finding the shopping center, and if you have to take a left across PCH at rush hour, their food that may be to die for...literally.


I'm really not into meatballs. A ball of mystery meat, no thanks, but I do love the Street Meatballs here. The tendon softens the more rubbery texture of the beef, and I love the savory flavor that drips juice from inside a crispy crust. The sharp garlic oil and sweet chili sauce are great embellishments, and they get your fingers sticky. 


Nouilles is French for noodles, and the Bah-Bong Noodles are comfort to the max. The chicken is tender and the egg rolls are bomb. Rice noodles are al dente, and the veggie mix meshes with coconut cream.The hubby says it tastes like Cambodia and he would know. 


The No3 House Noodles Soup. Impossible to find good pho in the South Bay, but this iteration makes a savory soup all the same. The prime beef does taste prime, and the beef bone marrow is the absolute best part. Tendon is tender, beef balls are baller, and I prefer the rice noodles over egg.

This is how Asian food should be. Nothing flashy, nothing fancy or gourmet, just good stuff made well, bowls of soup and steaming noodles cooked in the heart of a heartland fire. Nouilles of 3rds won't be rising to widespread acclaim anytime soon. They seem to have lost their website too,  but I like that they keep their profile low. I'd rather not wait in line every time I crave their noodles, and I predict I will crave them fairly often.
nouilles of 3rds Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment