Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Maple Block Meat Co - Culver City

Man, I miss my barbecue. I haven't seen North Carolina since February, and Cali barbecue just doesn't cut it.


I've heard them rave about Maple Block, and I was excited to give it a try. The Brisket & Ribs plate is a miserable tray. The ribs have a nice smoke to them, and they fall off the bone with moderate assistance, but I immediately regret the brisket. There's a stripe of fat up top, but the rest of it is dry, lacking any flavor, and the marbling is simply missing. The vinegar slaw is nice as it cuts through the heavy meat, but it's just shredded cabbage barely dipped in a little acid. The mac & cheese is pretty good, a creamy texture with firm macaroni. 


Traded bites and tried the Brisket Hash. Props on properly poaching the eggs, but the too-big chunks of potatoes and pepper are nothing special. A good brisket would have saved it, but they were cut off the same unfortunate block.

Their barbecue is pretty, and it glams up the 'gram. The quantity is fine, and the quality is okay, but it just doesn't taste as pretty as it looks. Next time I'm homesick, I'll be looking for my shot of southern comfort somewhere else.
Maple Block Meat Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment