Monday, November 27, 2017

Taishi Hainan Chicken - Redondo Beach


I can't handle too many choices. Giant menus bring me agony, and servers hover because I can't decide and I have to be extra about it. 

There's someone for everyone, and Taishi and I are meant to be. $12 time 2 equals dinner and a light lunch for two, and for that drive-thru price, you get all the chicken. And you even get all the chicken delivered.


There's Fried Chicken if blanched and boiled isn't your thing. Satisfying white meat in crunchy breading stays impressively spry after 20 minutes en route.


All the chicken is good depending on your mood, but accept no substitutes for the Original Hainan Chicken Rice. The garlic ginger rice soaks up the chicken broth, and the garlic adds a subtle, chopstick-licking pungent savor-upper. The broth-y rice is 50 shades of beige, and it's good enough to rival the impossibly tender shreds of chicken. Both sauces are strong, a viscous soy and a tangier ginger spice up the steamed strips of chicken.

I'm a bad Asian so I don't know whether this is authentic, holy-grail Hainan chicken or not. But good is good, especially when it's delivered in a box of casual comfort, and it's good enough to not be questioned.
Taishi Hainan Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment