Friday, November 17, 2017

Riviera Mexican Grill - Redondo Beach


I had literally no expectations going in, probably because I never wanted to go in. Two years living on top of the Riviera, and I never gave it a second thought. It looked as pretentious as it did generic, and worst of all, it looked boring. Because I am an insufferable snob.

Well Riviera Mexican Grill isn't totally boring. It's not The Abbey on a Saturday night, but it's vibrant and colorful with a generically-friendly, beachy theme. 


I beach a lot about the lack of good food in the riviera, but I'll never say no to lobster. And far as lobster goes, I could do a lot worse then the Three Cheese Lobster Quesadilla. It's one of the better brunches of the bunch; generous chunks of mostly claw meat with plenty of cheese at a price that doesn't claw at your wallet.


The Grilled Chicken Burrito is a giant. Proportionate combination of rice, black beans, chicken, and cheese, drizzled with three very different salsas. The mole-style finishes sweet, the orange is playful, and the dark red tastes deeply roasted. It'd be a boring burrito, but the salsas really spice it up.

I just can't. I really like Riviera Mexican Grill, but I can't make it exciting. I can't get all fired up about those steadfast salsas, and even my love for lobster doesn't get me hot and bothered about that quesadilla. It's not sexy, it's not novel, but it is as reliable as it is endearing. Quality and quantity are not to be underrated or overlooked, and though I'm not clamoring for a return trip, nothing would keep me from coming back again.


Riviera Mexican Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment