Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Unagi & Beer - Toshima, Tokyo, Japan


Second dinner. I think Japan is turning me into a hobbit. But hey, I've done 20,000 steps in one day if my Fitbit is to be believed so I'll consider those calories earned! Yes... Yes, I wore my Fitbit to Japan. More on that addiction later.


The addiction of choice here is food. Amazing, perfect, can't-imagine-anything-better food. A gorgeous lid of an exquisite lacquered box smolders like charcoal from a hearth. Thick, premium fillets of grilled freshwater eel are brushed with a deep, sweet sauce, and the flesh slips like silk. The sauce sinks into the rice beneath, and each steamy spoonful lets the flavor linger.



Unagi & Beer is small, and I dare say it's a well-kept secret. it's so local that even Yelp hasn't got wind of it yet. If all second dinners taste this good, I'll never eat just once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment