Friday, July 31, 2015

Egregious Enterprise Fish Company - Santa Barbara


As a Santa Barbara establishment, I expected a lot from Enterprise. For starters, I expected this particular enterprise to be a little more successful.


I mean, halibut is hard to make not-good, but their Asian-themed Grilled Halibut was worse than a stereotype. The soy/teriyaki theme included a sticky bed of murky sauce, mushy brown rice and bok choy that tasted like a slug.


I cut people a little slack for swordfish because it's a tough fish to fry...or broil or boil or grill or bake. Its moisture evaporates faster than drops of water on the blacktop, and it responds to even the slightest heat like it's been nuked. But the Pacific Swordfish was possibly the worst I've had. It was mesquite-grilled about as dry as a bone, and the "Salmoriglio sauce" was an unappetizing brown goop.

I had hoped to end my Santa Barbara trip on a higher note, so Enterprise Fish Company was clearly the wrong place to end my trip. As a restaurant on a major strip, I expected it to be touristy, but I guess I expected too much when I expected it to be touristy AND edible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment