Sunday, November 16, 2014

Caramba - San Pedro, Belize

"To go north, you must go south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back"...if you're Daenerys Targaryen. If you're Kel-nerys Chen-garyen, to go to the sea you must go inland because ironically, they serve much better seafood.


I don't know what was in that sweet Sangria or just how much rum they mixed in the Mint-Chocolate Mojito, but clearly the Chen-garyen party was destined to cavort at Caramba.


The cocktails were wet n' wild, but the Broiled Lobster was undoubtedly dry. Fortunately, all crustaceans come with garlic butter for dunking, and the mere excitement of getting two tails for the price of one (compared to Blue Water Grill) was more than enough to juice it up.


Did I dig into the Stone Crab Claws or did the stone crab dig its claws into me first? Those prominent pinchers are a hybrid of flaky snow crab texture infused with blue crab juice. You never forget your first time, and my first time with stone crab certainly won't be my last.

The problem with prophecies is that they are often counterintuitive, and sometimes they don't make sense. Technically Neville Longbottom killed Lord Voldemorte, and who knows what will happen to Daenerys Targaryen, no thanks to the citadel. And while I haven't the slightest idea what path my Lonely Planet prophet has planned for me, those claws at Caramba were clearly the key to restoring my faltering faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment