Sunday, September 1, 2013

Flying Pig Truck – Los Angeles


Thanks a lot Momofuku, you totally ruined pork buns for me. How can I remotely appreciate any old slab of hoisined pork in a steamed bread-bun when after devouring your massive melt-in-your-mouth mounds of belly fat? Even Baohaus will barely suffice, and once you’ve had a cut that fatty, you just can’t go back to the leaner shredded stuff. All those years in Boston and New York, and I never found anything close.


I figured I’d find perfect pork buns in LA when pigs fly so I guess it’s only fitting. I wouldn’t say the slimmer-but-still-savory Pork Bun was perfect, but at worst I’d call it awesomely respectable. I think I even twerked a little when I bit into that flavorful pork balanced with pickled veg and sweet hoisin. I didn’t even know they were known for their duck when I got the Tamarind Duck Taco. Then again, this juicily braised duck is pretty unforgettable.

Sorry haters, but I don’t give a flying truck what you say about meals with wheels being a constant hit-or-miss. I’ll miss out on this truck when pigs fly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment