Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fiesta Hermosa - Hermosa Beach



I've been craving some pretty disgusting things lately. Like deep-fried Twinkies and Cronuts in bacon grease kind of disgusting. There is not a chef alive who could cater to all the cravings I've had this week and not get nauseous just watching me eat. It's not like I ever need an excuse to pig out, but Fiesta Hermosa on Labor Day was pretty darn convenient.




I didn't know what Tri Tip was, but I'll try anything at least once. And the only thing better than $9 for a hoagie crammed full of juicy awesomeness sliced thin is $10 for the same thing with 25% more meat. This stuff is so tender and flavor-packed that just a couple drops of barbecue will do.





Roll some seaweed with rice and you have a party. Roll some seaweed with rice with a slice of grilled spam in the middle and you have a luau. This was my first experience with Spam Musubi, and if you're having the pure lard yearnings that have been dominating my week, this will hit the spot nicely.




Sandwich some rocky road ice cream between red velvet cookies and you have a fiesta. Never mind the festive eyesore, what better way to end a sweltering street fair than with an Cookie Sandwich?

Thanks to a grueling MD schedule, it's rare that I get a long weekend...or any weekend. I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend a precious Labor Day than at Fiesta Hermosa...undoing all my labor at the gym for the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment