Friday, September 13, 2013

Bonaventura Gelato Lounge – Marina del Rey



I just spent an hour at the gym. And I wasn’t about to let that well-spent hour go to waste. In fact, I planned to negate that hour completely…which is why I ended up at Bonaventura facing a large cup of gelato.



Why did I get a large cup, you ask? Why didn’t I get a small reasonable cup of gelato to enjoy instead of gorging, you ask? Because you can try four different flavors when you get a LARGE. So go large or go home. Give me that entire conglomerate of creamy Panna Cotta, cool Cannoli, indulgent Dulce de Leche, and Tiramisu so close it’s terrifying. Totally worth it. Totally worth every sinful spoonful, every belly-fat-fanning, pudge-packing bite. 6 dollars to negate a 25-dollar workout? Priceless.




Some things really are so cute you could eat them up. How about some Spaghetti Gelato? This one is made with nutella and topped with strawberry sauce. I almost ate this too, but I let my friend have it. I’m so nice. It’s not like he ordered and paid for it or something.


So if you’re like me, and you have the Bonaventura (“good fortune” in Italian) to stumble into Bonaventura, make sure you take a large-cup-of-gelato-long moment to indulge…like me. And for once in your life, be prepared to can have your cake…or spaghetti and eat it. You can always work out again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment