Monday, October 10, 2011

J’adore Dore Creperie - Boston



There is a god, and I think he may be French. Or at least a Francophile. Maybe he’s an Asian Francophile? That would rock my world…Either way, he’s smiling on the Francophiles in Boston because there’s a new accessible creperie in the Financial District and it’s actually good. Tragically, it’s only open on weekdays and only for lunch. WHY?!?! Sniffsniff…


The smartest thing I did after a grueling psych exam (which drove me crazy) was to go to Dore with my equally omnivorous friend. Why, you ask? Because crepes, no matter what size, are very amenable to being cut in half. And though my life would have been complete after just one crepe, who the heck turns down a ménage a trois?

Apples and Brie: We started savory with the Apples and Brie, and you gotta love the gaggle of Granny Smiths. Besides, apples are good for you! They have fiber and they keep the doctor away! Though I guess that didn’t really work since two aspiring MDs were munching away…Regardless, I just kept telling myself I needed the fiber because they definitely didn’t skimp on that gooey melted brie…but that’s calcium for bone density, right?



Figgy Smalls
: Alas, what is in a name? Not much accuracy if that’s what you ordered. There is nothing small about the flavor in this sweet but salty, grainy but creamy prosciutto, goat cheese, and fig concoction. Maybe the name was dead on? They DID manage to cram a little bit of a lot into a “small” crepe…

Bananas Foster:
Here is where I almost popped the button off my jeans. But that’s ok. Because I’m 5 short minutes from Downtown Crossing where I could buy new pants. So clearly that didn’t stop me from “crepe”ing forward. Every good savory crepe will foster your craving for a sweet finish. So I found my reprieve in the warm, cinnamon-sugar gooeyness of the Bananas Foster, which, believe me, will also foster your desire to take daily trips to Dore.

The best part, yes, this actually gets better, is that each crepe is a meal in itself, and the prices are so reasonable there’s no reason to not go daily. That being said, is anyone in the financial district in need of a useless med student? Will work for crepes…

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I want to try the banana foster now! I had the banana nutella shake and I can't wait go back there to have another one =)

    ReplyDelete