Saturday, April 1, 2023

Ramen Yamadaya UPDATE - Torrance

I forgot how much I love this place. 


The Karaage is right on, and my friend declared it the best he's ever had.


The Tonkotsu Spicy is most popular, a thick broth of savory pork, with varying levels of spice. The broth is rich, but definitely a soup, unlike the semisolid of Umenoya. The flavors are full, but the bowl is a size that's manageable. Ask for fresh garlic and dump it all in. It turns the broth into a flavor-burst. The only thing I don't love is the pork. The meat is tough as a tire.


Taiyaki is steamed and soggy but the red bean filling is as smooth as silk.

I love it here, and I'm sad I've stayed away for so long. It's a pain to get to, but it's worth the venture for a ramen adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment