Friday, November 20, 2020

Kiraku Japanese Ramen & Sushi - Torrance

One of three choices in the H-mart food court, Kiraku is my number one.   


I haven't even tried the third option, but I can't get past the Katsudon. Sure, it's just a pork cutlet, but sometimes the simple things stand out more. The katsu strips are meaty and tender, the breading soft with fluffy egg. There's something about the egg that really brings out the pork, and the meat juices add savor to the rice beneath.


The Chicken KatsuCurry is another comfort, a medium-thick Japanese gravy over fried chicken and rice. There's plenty of chicken and I love all the soft carrots and potato. The curry itself is on the lighter side and is mild with warmth but no heat. I prefer the chicken-and-egg, but this curry can curb a craving. 

I haven't tried the sushi, and I doubt the ramen would travel well, so the rice bowls are probably best. There are plenty of places to get a good katsudon, especially in Torrance, and I think Kiraku's would do okay within the ranks. 
Kiraku Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment