Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Blessed Tropical Jamaican Cuisine - Inglewood

I’ll go Michelin if I want something pretty. But today I want to be Blessed so give me the nitty-gritty. Skip the little flowers and garnishes that can be garish and spoon me up some of that strip-mall chic. I don’t want portion control and a coursed meal with wine pairings and pacing. Just leave me with a heaping platter of something real. Give me those island flavors that got lost when I left the Bronx. I want some of that spice, that tickle, that dig-deep sizzle and burn. 


They’re not so shy about the spice. The Curry Goat is raging wave of gravy that taps the peppery notes and pounds the turmeric. The spice is a tiny bit sweet, and I hope it’s scotch bonnets doing the scorching.


Their goat may fall right off the bone, but their Oxtail melts in your mouth. The meat is so tender it’s practically the texture of the gravy, and there’s even some marrow in the bones. 


They were out of jerk chicken so this flaky-pastry Beef Patty and a side of Plantains will have to do. This patty packs some punch, filled with a pasty, beefy, spicy schmear.

Now THIS is Jamaican food. Down and dirty, gravy  and curry. Sauce dripping through the rice, all the fat and oil stewed all day and night. They make it real and they make it with heart and you can tell. No matter where you’re from, all the food at Blessed will taste like home.
Blessed Tropical Jamaican Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment