Friday, January 10, 2020

All Indian Sweets & Snacks - Torrance



I’ve driven by a million times, and I’ve never gone inside. All eyes on me when I enter. I’m picking up lunch to go and I'm the only non-Indian person for miles. A good sign, right from the start. 


The menu has a healthy and hearty variety, equal parts meat and veggies, highlights from both the north and the south. Dosa Masala is one dish I’ll never ditch, and theirs is a thin and delectably chewy pancake tube oozing soft potato. 


The Sambar is a dip with a little burn, a soak for everything, especially the fluffy Idli.

The Lunch Special veggie platter is the most affordable meal for miles, and I doubt you’ll find anything close in quality at this price. 


Daal Makhni is smooth and hearty, Channa Masala is a little sweeter with some tomato tang, and Malai Kofta the size of tiny fists are a veggie meatball swimming in a creamy pool. 

There was Gulab Jamun to end things sweetly, and a single order of these milky fried dough-balls in concentrated sugary honey just isn’t enough.

What I love about South Indian food is that you can eat so much without the feeling of gross regret. The taste is big and the spice profile is imperceptibly complex. It’s also harder to find as most places favor the meaty tikkas of the north. The only thing I regret is not grabbing a few more dishes, but I guess I’m just saving that curry goat and shahi paneer for next time.
All Indian Sweets & Snacks Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment