Thursday, January 16, 2020

A-1 Chinese BBQ - Lomita

Cantonese barbecue, recommended by a friend who would know. 


They're out of the roast duck, which is the entire reason I came, but if the Chow Mein with incredibly flavorful slice of BBQ pork is any indication, I'll have to come back for more. 


Just don't substitute the Soy Sauce Chicken for the duck. It's pretty meh on flavor and the skin is a soggy, wrinkled mess. 


They have quite a range here, and the menu is overwhelming. I was hoping to get some good dumplings but they ran out of the juicy ones, and the Szechuan Style Wonton in Hot Chili Oil are pretty solid wontons, but the sauce is just some oil. 


The Orange Peel Chicken is my other favorite dish on this table. I know it's not the most authentic, but the breading is super crispy and the sticky-citrus coating is perfectly even, wok-tossed to perfection. 

Overall a cheap eats place I'd readily revisit. Better to take-out perhaps, and be sure to order with care. Not all dishes are created equal here, but it's a nice experience overall. 
A1 Chinese BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment