Saturday, December 10, 2016

Legal Sea Foods - Atlanta, Georgia


I think I am a terrible person, a horrible human being. I have my one-track mind, and sometimes it's just inappropriate. Today, at the breathtaking Georgia Aquarium, my mind is acting up again. We saw a dolphin show that kept us on the edge of our seats, we watched penguins waddle up close, and we witnessed a majestic whale shark swim overhead, among the graceful wings of giant manta rays. 


We left the aquarium wanting for nothing. It's hard to argue with so many exhibits AND a 3-D theatre adventure.

Except I'm hungry. Not from all the walking or from not eating but because we walked by some giant spider crabs. Everyone marveled at their size while I sized up their legs. The tropical shrimp are a colorful collage of dignified stripes. I wonder how such a world of color could exist, and I wonder how easy they are to peel. 


The next logical stop is Legal Seafoods, right next to the parking garage, a New England classic that has yet to make it to the west coast. Sure, it's a chain, but the quality is guaranteed, and a Shellfish Platter is exactly what a selfish me is craving. It has a little bit of everything, jumbo cocktail shrimp that are fresh-caught tender, buttery oysters, briny clams, and even a bit of lobster. 


Paired with a flight of "Great Shellfish Wines", the platter gives way to a neutral riesling, a dry sauvignon blanc, and a just-as-dry Sancerre. I'm not a fan of whites, but this flight is neutral enough for even the reddest of palates.

I didn't appreciate Legal Seafoods when I still lived in Boston, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. And there's nothing like an east coast oyster!
Legal Sea Foods - Hilton Garden Inn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment