Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Musha Mash-Up UPDATE - Torrance



I'm a sucker for a good adventure. There's no thrill too stimulating, no high too titillating, no rush too exhilarating, and I'll try almost anything. My principles stay the same when it comes to food, and I'll try almost anything...with less than six legs. 

It can be hard to equate a culinary experience to a roller-coaster rush, but the right food and the right combination of food are always a thrill worth seeking. I've experienced Musha a million times, and the butterflies never fade.



I'll shake in anticipation of the simplest things at Musha. Even a straightforward Kabocha Dip, mashed and steamed like Cheese Whiz on a grocery-store cracker, has a soothing grain and a surprising sweetness.



The Yellowtail Sashimi sits pretty in pink, with blended hues like a Saharan sunset. Professionally cut and flawlessly fresh, I've never stopped at just one order.



Some experiences are easy to come by, and some require a little digging. The grilled Hamachi Kama has just the right amount of char, and the sweetest meat sits just below the surface.



I'm usually annoyed when servers bring the wrong order, but when you see a fork in the road, just take it. Someone else's Shichirin Griller Tanshio held irresistable slices of transparently thin beef tongue. A formidable flesh, its flavor compounded by a coat of salt n' pepper.



Every time I go to Musha, their creativity blows me away. Every dish is an experience, every combination is novel, and every bite is a new world. The signature Takotama is like none I've ever had before, soft octopus in tuna broth tempered by a ginger crunch between two layers of omelette sandwich, dripping with dark house sauce and mayo.



When you find a good thing, never let it go. Hang on tightly to the Seafood Noodle lest it slip from from your infirm chopstick-grip. The long, udon slip n' slide is interspersed with shrimp and calamari, soaking in a not-so-subtle black pepper river.



The TKU is a TKO every time. The udon is always al dente, and the rich butter with pollack caviar shows some innovative spunk. If you can only eat one dish at Musha, make sure this is the one you eat.

With all the choices in LA, I rarely go to the same place twice. But Musha has me mystified. Every bite is a journey, every exquisite dish a whole new world. These iconic dishes will never get old for me, and nothing could keep me from going back to Musha for more.

Musha Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment