Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cho Dang Tofu & Tofu Village - Torrance & Gardena



I've always loved soon tofu, but lately it's been an obsession. I craved it, I fantasized about it, and it even appeared in a really weird dream once. 


So instead of working on a presentation, I went to Cho Dang Tofu instead. And dang, Cho Dang hit the spot. Their standard Combination Soon Tofu is a red-hot (okay, fine, medium-hot because I'm a wimp) broth swims with silky-firm tofu. I usually like my dollar oysters raw, but the oysters are worth the extra buck if you want to add a little more brine to the already-generous helping of clams and beef.
Cho Dang Tofu Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I thought I was good after Cho Dang, but apparently I couldn't have soon tofu again soon enough. I only lasted three days before I pillaged Tofu Village.


For starters, I live for all those little pickled dishes, and Tofu Village gets extra props for the flake-off-the-bone Fried Fish.


Their Combination Soon Tofu is better too. The tofu is even more finely-minced, giving each little cube more surface area to soak up the thicker, clingier broth.

All that tofu hit the spot, and I think I've had my fill for now, but I'm smart enough not to let go of a good thing. So don't worry, Tofu Village, I'll be slurping your tofu again pretty soon.
Tofu Village Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment