Saturday, February 7, 2015

Snow Flower Ice - Marina del Rey



Shave ice. OMG shave ice. OMGOMGOMG you HAVE to try shave ice, or you haven't lived. I've gotten really tired of hearing about shave ice, and I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I tried it, but it's hard to understand the hype surrounding this gramatically-incorrect cold-cup. 



I tried my first ever shave ice at Snow Flower, and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The ice in the Milk & Cookies Snow Flower is made from sweetened milk instead of water, which adds a little something. The chocolate sauce is nicely absorbed, and the milky ice makes nice with the dry bits of nuts and Oreo, but the still-watery combination feels somehow incomplete.

I lack experience with shave ice, but Snow Flower executes theirs flawlessly. And while nothing will stop me from giving it another try, I feel like it's just not my cup of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment