Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Isaan Station - Los Angeles


I love the South Bay, but man, the beach gets boring sometimes. The piers are pealing and the beaches are buzzing...just not on a Tuesday night. I live for my weekends, but the residents of Redondo seem to rest by 9 for school-night slumber. 

I do love my seaside suburban sublet when I'm so sleep-deprived I can only crash, but when I'm wide-awake on a Tuesday, it's time to get down in Thai Town. Isaan Station will always hit the spot with authentic northern Thai. It's cash-only with less than ten tables total but can still afford its Hollywood overhead, so you know it's gotta be legit.


Papaya salads don't get more legit than the Som Dtom Goong Sod. The green papaya salad is a sweet, chili-soaked burn with a hint of savory peanuts on juicy, jumbo shrimp for a cold synergy of spicy and sweet.


The Nahm Dtok Mhu is a decent spicy grilled pork in a grainy-textured, slightly under-seasoned signature sour-sauce of fermented rice. Dip a little shell of Sticky Rice, and boom! Party in your mouth.

Sorry Redondo Beach, I love ya, but on a random weekday, I'll see ya 'cause I wouldn't wanna be ya. But don't try to miss me - I'll be right back for bed when I'm done with my Thai Town Tuesday night.
Isaan Station Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment