Thursday, October 30, 2014

Oyster House - Philadelphia


I'm a physician so people assume I'm rich. What people don't know is that I'm a resident physician. As a physician, I make a 6-figure salary, earn my own mansion and spend my days on a private yacht. As a resident physician, I make the salary of secretaries and earned enough in loans to fill a mansion and sink a private yacht.



Translation: I am poor. But being poor doesn't mean being deprived, and there's nothing like an oyster happy hour as a reminder that you don't always need to shell out to eat well. Oyster House features buttery one-dollar Oysters with just a touch of brine and tender, wave-kissed Littleneck Clams. Judging by the full-flavored mind-blowing quality of every bite, there's a huge difference between value and price.


The happy hour Kelly's Punch is sparkling with gin and a splash of something pink. The girly grace doesn't pair all that well with salty shellfish, but at $5 a drink, I'm too busy sipping to complain. Plus everything tastes better with a happy hour buzz, so all I can say is bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment