Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Convinced by Kantaro Sushi – Torrance


I thought I was ready to date again, but after a rather regrettable meal at Kantaro, I’m reconsidering my options...most of which include a nunnery and/or cats. My date kissed me on the cheek and I went home and washed my face. Referring to my evening as regrettable was a bit of an understatement.

But my evening did contain one unregrettable thing: the nigiri in my Sushi Sampler. My date might have been fishy, but the fish on my plate was fabulous. The yellowtail and red snapper were great, the ebi was fresh, and the salmon and tuna practically melt in your mouth. It’s a standard sampler and looks pretty simple, but every expertly-crafted bite will have even the deadest tastebuds doing the kan-kan.


I learned a lot of things from my visit to Kantaro. I learned that the simplest sushi can be surprisingly superb, that even the smallest hole-in-the-wall can turn into a hidden gem…, and that online photos can hide a lot of acne. I also learned something about myself: I like to always think I kan, but something I just kant. But what I kan do is go back to Kantaro for more of that amazing sushi…as soon as my freshly-scrubbed cheek stops stinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment