Monday, February 25, 2013

Pour House – Boston



I could be a snob. I could turn my nose up and my thumb down at this puny patty that tops this poor excuse for a burger. I could sneer at the copious crumbles of bleu cheese that outnumber the crumbles of beef in the patty of this sad Wisconsin Burger. I could gag on the wilted slice of lettuce, but I picked it off instead. Just for tonight, I’m holding my side of snob. Because this boring burger isn’t just any burger, it’s a half off burger. And there is nothing thumbs down about paying $3 for a burger AND a side of the best straight-up French fries I’ve had in months. I got more than my money’s worth on these fries alone, especially with my special blend of ketchup and Sriracha.


If the half-price burger isn’t convincing enough, drown your doubts in a 22 oz. beer for just $6. Sam Adams brews a mean lager, and UFO white is all of a lady’s lightness, though no one feels light after one of these foaming monster-glasses.


Disclaimer: I do love deals, but there’s a reason the food here is cheap. Pour House is a bar so dive that pour is a pithy play on words rather than a description of the drinks they serve. So snub it as you see fit, but do remember that a decent meal at Pour House won’t land you in the poorhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment