Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kati Roll – NYC



I never thought I'd have too much fine dining, but I had my fill. I wanted lunch, but I just couldn't bring myself to sit down at yet another high-cost counter. It didn’t help that I was broke and aching to find some five-dollar fare. Forget how much it costs, there is no fare finer than a roll of Kati. The Unda Aloo is my all-time favorite – the egg lightens the heavily well-seasoned potatoes for a balance of protein and starch. The Chicken Tikka Roll is too dense and a bit dry, and the Shami Kabob Roll is loaded with lamb that drips way too much grease to be healthy or appetizing. But the Achari Paneer hits the spot if you’re craving protein or just not potato.

Even if you’re not hungry, you should never walk by Kati Roll. Just stick to simple the Unda Roll, a no-frills roll-up lined with egg, if you must. It’s also ideal if you’re craving something light or just can’t eat another bite, but believe me, you always want a Kati Roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment