Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sol Azteca, a Haiku in 13 Verses – Boston


  

Sol the rising sun
Reminds me of Japan
My haiku tribute:

Bright colors welcome
Typical Mexican warmth
Love the table tiles.

Sangria:

Red like scarlet grape
Inebriating rivers
Of low-end red wine.

Nopalitos in Salsa Verde:


Token veggie dish
Like a dip with no spinach
Like pickled okra

Hot and fresh with chips
I enjoy the novelty
But sour gets old fast.

Enchiladas Vegetarianas:

Well-cooked vegetables
Green sauce was mediocre
Could have used more spice.

Pickled red cabbage
Spectacularly tasty
Accompanies well.




Carne Asada:

Skip the chorizo
Enchilada passable
Loved the rice and beans.

Juicy cut of steak
Good flavor, medium rare
Should have tried the pork.



Fried Ice Cream:

Perfect battering
Best fried shell I ever had
Best thing I ate here

Overall:

The food is just fine,
I wish I ate less cactus
I’m sick of it now.

Neither bad nor great
Overall, no real complaints
I might come again.

Our server was sweet
Helpful with his suggestions
I’d come back for him.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment