Tuesday, October 3, 2023

The Vintage 1979 - Garden Grove, CA

Oh this is cute. SO cute. No sarcasm - I am genuinely enchanted.


Super Instagramable space with comfy chairs conducive to conversation and the prettiest drinks.  The vibe is retro and the posse of plants with all the mix n' match chairs really make the colors pop. The colors are unreal in this sea-breeze thing, and my Ube Latte is gorgeous. It's an amazing alternative to regular coffee shops and perfect for people who want to talk without the pressure to drink something stronger. Why not pay a little more for a nicer drink - it's already so much just for the garbage at Starbucks. Beware - these drinks are very filling - mine is an entire potato with milk. 


Each drink makes an ample dessert, but they make some pretty pastries as well. This Earl Grey Mousse is judiciously sweetened, fragrant like the tea with a texture like pure silk. 

Oh my, this is all so pretty. I can't get over the modern-princess vibe, and I'm a little bit appalled at how much my usually-cynical self wants to come back just to sit here again. Truly give it a try - this may be the sweetest place I've ever seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment