Saturday, January 17, 2015

Milk - Los Angeles


Everyone gets a guilty pleasure. I've whittled away hours laughing at the lists on Buzzfeed, my friend Tariq sings Taylor Swift. And who doesn't get hot and bothered at the sight of Oberyn Martel every time they watch Game of Thrones?



Well Milk knew just how to cater to all my guilty pleasures. The Thai Tea Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich was a sweet drink in melty, solid form with a ton of tea-taste in a golden Oberyn-orange, reminiscent of the dusky hues of the tunic he would so readily remove. 



I do love gawking at a good-looking man, but sometimes being a girl is best. There's nothing that makes me laugh more than shaking it off around my kitchen and telling the haters to just hate, hate, hate. The Vanilla Bean Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich is as lightly vanilla as Taylor Swift, carefree and only moderately sweet, the perfect treat to burn off with a little dance.



When I'm done dancing, I start trying to get sleepy before bed. But one episode of Law & Order SVU leads to another, and next thing I know I'm up half the night, as if I had an entire Strawberry Shortcake Shake before bed. It's a sugar-load for sure, with piles of strawberry sorbet and vanilla ice cream, layered with cookie crumbles and sponge cake sin.

Some may argue that Milk can be a bit too much, but IMHO, a guilty pleasure is supposed to feel like a cardinal sin. The way I see it, there are much worse sins than getting fat at Milk so I'll be milking it for all it's worth.
Milk Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment