Friday, October 12, 2012

Dok Bua Thai Kitchen - Brookline



Dok Bua is not worth the hike to Brookline. It’s barely worth a one-block stroll. Go to Nud Pub near Allston if you’re dying to journey to a far-off place. Nud Pub would be worth the trip.



The Som-Tom Salad actually tastes like the papaya was somewhat mortar-and-pestled, but it was a tad bit watery and not quite as crisp as I’d expect from green papaya. The green beans were a bit too tough, and it seems like you get what you pay for here.


The Red Curry with tofu was just that - red curry with tofu. The tofu was tasty and the red curry was thick, but it serves to wet your rice better than it serves to whet your appetite.



When compared to Equator, which is conveniently located one block from my apartment, the Drunken Noodle doesn't equate. The noodle:tofu ratio of this unfortunate dish was less than one, which is just not right when you order a dish called drunken NOODLE. The overcooked, slightly-mushy, stuck-together noodles were also covered in mealy chili paste, which made it stick going down, as if mushy noodles aren't hard enough to swallow. Perhaps it should have been called Drunken Chef.

If I were playing duck, duck, goose with Dok Bua, I'd be the duck. I certainly wouldn't be pursuing the Dok, and like most people I generally try to avoid getting goosed. So if you ever see me at Dok Bua, it's probably because I'm trying to duck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment